It's the most wonderful time of the year

Even though Halloween is my day of the year, I do love Christmas. A lot. I, for one, love the sound of freshly layered snow when you walk on it, houses covered in a white blanket and snuggled on the sofa watching Christmas films, cannot beat it!



Due to this, here are five reasons I adore about the festive period! Grab your hot chocolate, put on them cosy fairy lights and snuggle into a wintery blanket as we are about to feel festive as.

Here is why it's the most wonderful time of year...

  1. Isn't snow so magical. The main photo is Durham covered in snow and it looked stunning. It is even better as I didn't know it was suppose to snow so waking up at my boyfriend's and seeing the magical-ness of it was so pretty!
  2. Christmas jumpers are love. Christmas jumpers are life. Simple as that so I don't need to say anything else on this.
  3. When it comes to the main day, move over presents, move over Christmas dinner, and say hello to Christmas crackers. I blooming love Christmas crackers. From the traditional wearing the crappy paper crown, bad dad jokes and terrible toys, it's a lovely festive thing to do around the table before you stuff your face with as much dinner as possible!
  4. People's faces when they open gifts is one of the best things ever. The surprise and the happiness makes me fill up with so much love. I love giving out presents as I want to give people who made that year a kinda 'thank you' gift. It is also really funny seeing people try to open mine as I use that much cell-o-tape they cant get into it, oops haha!
  5. Most importantly, Christmas is for spending time with loved ones. Whether it is going for a Christmas meal with friends to celebrate and exchange gifts, binge watching Christmas films with your partner or baking delicious festive biscuits with family, these all make Christmas, Christmas.
Well there you go, it certainly is the most wonderful time of the year!
Until tomorrow
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

Popular Posts