Fancy that of London, Part Three

Part three of five in my London adventures series for my 21st birthday here and this is probably my favourite day out of them all. (Read Part One and Part Two) here)

Find out where I got this cute pudding from!
I saw a musical I was dying to see, my amazingly fab mother surprised me and we hit my favourite street in the capital!

So here is 'Fancy that of London| Part Three'...

WEDNESDAY 28TH OCTOBER
Due to the day before being so busy, we decided this will be a chill out day until the evening.
So because of this, we hit my favourite shopping street, perfect for any shopaholic, Oxford Street!!!!!
From Selfridges, TopShop, M&S and Boots to Debenhams, H&M and HMV, you can spend all day here just looking at all of the shops along the huge street.
However, if there is one place I will always go whilst I'm on walking around is......
Primark, of course!
I will include what I purchased in the fashion post (part 5) so keep your eyes out for that!
Also, how cute are the Christmas lights down Oxford Street though! They were turned on on my birthday (1st Nov) so its a shame I didn't see them but they did look so lovely hanging above the street!

We had to head back to the hotel early to get ready for my next surprise.
Now, we went to London for my 18th (along with my nanna) and tried to get into The Ivy, located in the West End near Leicester Square but unfortunately couldn't get booked in.
However, without me knowing, my mum booked it for me before we went to see one of my favourite musicals now as a pre-theatre meal.
So we headed down to the Arc Deco style restaurant and oh my days, it was one of the nicest places I have ever been to! It is definitely up there with my visit to The Ritz for afternoon tea a couple of months ago.
 I also saw actress Anita Dobson, who is married to Queen guitarist Brain May, which was pretty cool.
Here are some photographs I took of The Ivy:

Table setting

Me very excited to be in The Ivy

Bar area

The menu

Anyone want a drink?

Freshly squeezed orange juice, so refreshing!

This is the nicest bread I have ever had!
So crispy yet soft!

Fillet of Sea Bream: this was delicious! The fish
was cooked to perfection with the Jacqueline sauce
working well with the fish! Could eat about 5 of these!

Mum had Lamb with carrots and greens!
She said it was so good, the lamb was cooked
perfectly.

The chips were a side and they were just how
I love them

Pudding: Treacle sponge with custard!
How cute are they for doing this aww!
Next we hit the taxis in order to get to Victoria to go and see Wicked, a musical based upon the characters of the hit film Wizard of Oz.
I have been wanting to see this for ages now. I love musicals, I love witches and I love the theatre so it is practically perfect for me.
And I can safely say I have watched it and cried throughout the whole performance.
I have wanted to see the song 'Defying Gravity' live on stage and it was something else!  It was incredible!!!

Already to watch it!
A small review:

Wicked tells the story of the Wicked Witch of the West, Glinda the Good Witch and the people of Oz before the film was set.

The cast included: Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West played by Emma Hatton| Glinda, the good witch is played by Savannah Stevenson| Fiyero, a love interest for both the witches is played by Oliver Savile| Madame Morrible, the witches' teahceris played by, Liza Sadovy| The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is played by Tom McGowan| Nessarose, Elphaba's sister is played by Katie Rowley Jones| Boq, a munchkin, performed by Daniel Hope.
Each and every performance form all of the cast were spot on, the singing was absolutely stunning (especially from both Emma Hatton and Savannah Stevenson) and I loved all of the costumes. The details in them as well as the set were perfect, especially the scenes for the Wizard and for the school.
The thing I loved the most about Wicked is the fact that it told a story, like the 2014 film Maleficent did with Sleeping Beauty.
It was not just about love and friendship (something that are both key throughout the show) but about the characters. It linked in with the 1939 hit film as it told the stories of the much loved characters such as the Scarecrow and the Tin Man and how the character became to be what we know them to be today.
It is an incredible story of the untold with laughter, sadness and singing throughout and the performance is something that I will cherish forever and the message in it: to embrace your weirdness and be you (even if you are green)!

How cool are these pumpkins, though?!

Cool enough for me to get a pic with them!
Well there you have it, such a perfect day I cannot begin to tell you how I was feeling after it!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts