Summer DIY Bookcase makeover

I love up cycling furniture. From painting tables and chairs to shelves and other things, it is great for refreshing your home for any season without breaking your bank balance.


My photo, edited

All you need are: paint brushes, paint, your chosen item and you creative hat on. Its as simple as that.

So with this in mind, I decided to give my old, light brown bookcase a well overdue makeover.

Here is how my Summer Home| DIY Bookcase makeover...


So this was my bookcase before I did anything to it. It looked boring, unoriginal and plain.

Old bookcase, how plain!
I for one love coming up with ideas whilst having fun. Painting is one of my favourite things to do so I took everything off the bookcase, grabbed my paint brushes, bought £12 Wilko Colour 2.5 L Paint in Moonlight White and started to paint.
 
After applying two coats of paint, it was done. The bookcase was now light and making my bedroom look much bigger.
 
But the makeover wasn't over there...
 
I adore flower and bird print anything. From wallpaper, material/fabric to furniture and clothing, they are my favourite.
 
With the white bookcase not enough, I decided to place wallpaper in between the shelves, adding colour and making it more original to me. The wallpapers chosen were all samples that I had already (I am wanting to re-wallpaper my room as I don't like the one I have on my walls now) and they were enough.
 
So here is the end results..... *drumroll*
 
TA-DAH!

Pretty up-cycling!
 

Top Wallpaper: The Range
Bottom Wallpaper: Laura Ashley
 

Top Wallpaper: Laura Ashley
Bottom Wallpaper: The Range
 

Wallpaper: The Range
 

Wallpaper: Wilkos
I cannot seem to find some of the wallpaper samples but I am 99% sure they were from The Range
 
And with all of my little bit n bobs in their places...
 
 
I couldn't be more happier with it now.
From boring bookcase to a refreshing one with hints of colours, it is definitely one of my favourite pieces of furniture in my room now and it only cost me £12.
 
Just shows you want a lick of paint and a bit of creativity can produce!
Have you painted anything recently? Comment below!
Until next time

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts