Chop, chop

You may be thinking "Caroline, why are writing a post about your haircut and why does that make you have a realisation?" A good question. And there is a simple answer to explain.

I haven't had a haircut since last year (I know, I know, that's very bad) and yesterday (16th June) I had one and a little something came with it.

Let me explain...


So if you know me personally or have seen a photo of me then you will know I had a small section of my hair above my left ear in a plait.


Can see my plait :)
Now, I have had this in for about 3 years now (obviously undoing it then redoing). At first, it was there because I was bored one day and just decided to plait that section of my hair.
However, as time went on I found it my "comfort blanket".

What do I mean by saying "comfort blanket"?

You know when you were younger and you would have that one thing, that one item, that you would take with you everywhere or that you would play with/hold if you were stressed or something along those lines.

This small plait became that for me.

In situations I didn't want to be in, if I was thinking or was stressed about something for example in exams or doing coursework, then I would play about with this plait.
That may sound really weird but it is hard to describe.

These past few weeks have been really hard on me to say the least. I'm not going to say what's happen because I want that to be private but lets just say I wished those weeks didn't happen.

However, taking out my plait whilst going to the hairdressers made me realise that I didn't need it anymore.

Even though I, an others, have had a hard few weeks, I didn't need to rely on this plait anymore. It made me realise that I didn't need to fiddle about with it anymore for me to calm down in certain situations. I realised I have my friends and family, through thick and thin, they will always be there for me and I for them.

Anyway, that was my haircut realisation. Strange to think how life can change overnight or due to a haircut.

Haircut done and dusted, no
more plait.

So goodbye to the plait and the past and hello to the future!
Until next time

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts