Happy 1st birthday The Adventures of Caroline, a year on

A year ago on the 17th June, I decided to create this blog. A lot has changed in the past year and it has been a huge eye opener for me personally.

From passing my foundation degree at uni to losing weight and me realising a few things, this blog has helped me achieve that so this post will show you some of my favourite things that have happened over the past 12 months.



Let us take a journey in the past...

So we shall start of at where it all happened.
 
This blog.
 
I originally created 'The Adventures of Caroline' to help me express some of the feelings I have kept to myself over the past 10 years. I wanted to write posts about the experiences I have dealt with. I know that may sound weird coming from a 20 year old but I have had to deal with a lot when I was younger (like many) and felt that it was time to let them all go.

However over the past 12 months, I have released those feelings and now, I am really happy with the way my blog have gone.
 
From fashion and beauty to home and lifestyle posts, I wanted to make my blog slightly different to the rest.


My original layout


My current layout
 Not focusing on one specific subject and getting content in that may help people (I am not an expert), I am actually quite proud of how far it has come, growing my confidence and skills also.
 
Check out some of my favourite posts over the year:
 
The blog has changed for the better!
 ...
Now onto something I actually wrote about for my first ever post.
Losing weight.
 
Last summer, my mission was to be healthy and fitter, to be at a weight I was comfortable at.
I wont go into too much detail as to why I put on weight as the first ever post explains it.
 
However, I can say that over the past year I have lost some weight!
Going into shops and buying clothes that I thought fitted me and trying them on and realising they are too big is a great feeling.
 
I feel a lot healthier (although I still have a bit more weight to lose) but I am a lot happier in the way I look and I'm not afraid to show a bit of skin anymore.
There is no going back!
...
My next favourite thing that happened in the past 12 months is something I am most proud of.
 I have a Foundation Degree in Journalism under my belt.
 
After 2 long, hard years, I completed my degree in May 2015. Although I am still waiting for my final results, I know I passed it because I passed all of my coursework for it. Again, I have recently written a post about this achievement on my blog (click here) but after years of doubting myself, a little hard work and self belief goes along way.
Proud is an understatement.
 

...
Next up is a random favourite but a favourite thing anyway.
My bedroom.
For years I have wanted (and needed) to change the furniture in my room, to make it more me, and that's what I have finally (FINALLY) finished doing.
I recently received my 21st birthday present (yes, 5 months early), a beautiful bureau- find out more here. I absolutely love it, from the colours and to the vintage look I was wanting, it is one of my favourite piece of furniture.
 
 
 Another of my favourite items I have bought for my room is this beautiful bedside table from Barker and Stonehouse. I went there to see Mary Berry open a new flagship store near where I live (click here for the post) and saw this table then.
Coming in at £99 Spring price (normal price £145), I decided to buy it because it fits in with my vintage theme I would love in my room. I have changed the draw handle to this pale pinky/white one from M&S (they do loads of styles/designs for knobs) so its a bit more me.
 
 
I wont go into too much detail about this next piece of furniture in my room but I can't not include it.
Recently, I up-cycled my old bookcase and I am so happy with it. Click here to read the post.
 
 
 ...
Next up actually happened earlier on this year.
Meeting All Time Low.
 
In 2014, I had the chance to meet my favourite band You Me At Six. That was one of the best days of my life so when I found out that another band I liked was coming to the town near me, I couldn't resist going.
 
On the 23rd March 2015, my friend and I got the chance to meet American pop-punk band All Time Low at a HMV signing for their new album, Future Hearts. We had seen them in concert in 2012 and they were amazing so we were super duper excited to meet them. And they did not disappoint! They were all so nice and I gave Jack and Rian high fives and managed to get some photographs of them!
 
With the signed CD, we got £2 off the album when it was released (April 6th) and I finally managed to go into town and buy it! The current singles off their sixth album are: Something's Gotta Give and Kids in the Dark. Blink 182's Mark Hoppus and Good Charlotte's Joel Madden are featured separately on two songs. The album itself is fab with all the songs contributing to it. There isn't one song that I don't like, definitely one hell of a good album!
 Such a great day out meeting them!
Top Left: Alex, lead singer
Top right: Jack, guitar
Bottom Left: Rian, drummer
Bottom Right: Zach, bass
...
Finally, my last favourite thing that has happened since starting this blog.
Some realisations.
 
Self doubt and very little self belief knocks your confidence. It doesn't help when people make you feel even worse.
However, if the past couple of months have taught me anything then its this:
 
LIFE'S TOO SHORT, JUST BE YOURSELF!
 
May seem obvious but for along time I was afraid of what people thought of me and covered myself up, not to stand out in the crowd but to fade into it.
Well, no more I say!
Be weird, be happy, be free, be a fan girl, be you.
I am so weird!
As long as you are happy and you surround yourself with people who love you and appreciate you for you then there's nothing stopping you.
 
My realisations post on my blog: University, Haircut.
....
 
Well there you have it! Can't believe it has been a year already!
 
Happy 1st Birthday The Adventures of Caroline!!!
 
So who knows what the future holds. But I can safely say I am looking forward to it!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!
 

Comments

Popular Posts