What happened to blogging

Ok so this is a bit of a rant post but I feel like I needed to write this out. I started blogging in June 2014, all those many moons ago, and the blogging world has changed. For the worse. I get that it was bound to change and that everyone has there own opinions about it but these are mine and I am expressing them, yours maybe the same or differ.


I don't want to be all doom and gloom in this post as I am a positive person and try to keep my blog away from negative energy. However, I feel like it is time to say what has happened to blogging and why is it like it is now. Like the leaves in Autumn, blogging has changed.

To make it easier and possibly shorter [so I don't rant on for too long], I will bullet point all the points as I don't want to waffle on.

So let me answer that all important question...

  • Is anyone else sick of reading about blogging stats and figures? Yeah, it is nice to get a certain amount of views on posts that took you ages on or hitting that follower number, I completely get that. However, if you are just publishing posts for sake of gaining more blog views and not because you are interested/passionate about that topic then no. Just no.
  • You aren't going to get on with every single blogger you come across and you don't have to. However, that doesn't give you right to publically slam the blogger. There are some bloggers I see on Twitter who make bitchy comments about another and I am like 'really????' If you don't like someone then unfollow them and don't talk about them. If they are making a public attack on you or someone you like then by all means say something but let that be that because they aren't worth your time.
  • If you are blogging because you think you will gain popularity, become famous and earn money then think again. It is so so so sooooo hard to do that and to the people who have, congrats because that takes a lot of hard work and dedication. However, it isn't the be all and end all.
  • Most people read blogs to get to know the person behind them. I, for one, wont read a blog if the blogger's personality isn't there. I love getting to learn about them and to talk to them about similar interests and passions. The content is the most important thing on any blog because it expresses the bloggers themselves in the posts.
  • Don't copy other bloggers posts. Granted, most bloggers do the same style of posts, of course that is going to happen, but add your personality into it. Add your twist on it instead of changing a few words around or adding an extra sentence or two. Like I stated before, content is key to any blog so make it your own.
  • Friendly reminder: NEVER EVER think that you aren't a good blogger just because you haven't had brands working with you or a certain amount of blog views/followers because you are doing fab! Blogging is tough but blog for you and only for you, everything else are just bonus
    BLOGGING IS NOT A COMPETITION.
And there we have it, rant over!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

  1. yes yes yes yes yes. yes yes. This is so accurate! Blogging should be about passion and personality, not the desire to get freebies, if you get gifted things, or invited to events, amazing, go you, but that shouldn't be the sole reason for blogging.
    Hels xx
    www.thehelsproject.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly and some people really need to know this and that these don't come easy, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication! Not going to happen over night because you suddenly have a blog! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts