My top five favourite films

Who doesn't love a good film night? Getting some popcorn, chilling with friends and family, watching as many films as you possibly can and did I mention the popcorn? I love films, from old classics to more recent ones, I cannot get enough of them!

Over my 22 years of existence I have seen some blockbusters, from Disney's Tangled and the Fast and Furious series to the classic Mary Poppins to all of Marvel's mega franchise, I love a mixture of genres (except horror, ew no) and a lot of actors/actresses.


But five films in particular, I love the most and I thought I would share them with you all!

So here is 'My top five favourite films'...


Breakfast at Tiffanys
(1961)
Starring: Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Patricia Neal, Buddy Ebsen
Plot from the back of the DVD:
From the opening strains of Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer's haunting, Oscar-winning song Moon River, you'll once again be under the alluring spell of that madcaps, carefree New York playgirl know as Holly Golightly in this 24 carat romantic comedy base don Truman Capote's best selling novella. George Peppard is the struggling and sponsored young writer who finds himself swept into Holly's dizzying, delightfully unstructured lifestyle as she determinedly scours Manhattan for a suitable millionaire to marry.
This film was the first one I saw of Audrey Hepburn's and from that point on, I never looked back. Her performance as Holly hit the nail on the head. It is my favourite film ever, I love it so much!
Fun fact for you: Truman Capote, the author of Breakfast at Tiffany's, wanted Marilyn Monroe to play the lead but thankfully went to Audrey instead. Thank God!!!
Peppard's role as Paul is also spot on. I could stare into his baby blue eyes alllllll day!
It is a love story but not as the way it is so often portrayed as.
It makes you question people and their lives.
Not in a bad way, but as in a way that makes you wonder what is going on underneath.
The film will also be leaving you singing the famous song 'Moon River' but you wont be complaining at all!
How can you not want to watch the film that made the LBD so famously iconic?
The Prestige
(2006)
Starring: Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson
Plot from the back of the DVD:
Is there a secret you would kill to know? In this electrifying, suspense-packed thriller from director Christoper Nolan, Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale play magicians whose cutthroat attempts to better each other plunge them into deadly deceptions. Scarlett Johansson also stars as the stage assistant who'se both a pawn and player in their rivalry. A brilliant supporting cast. An ingenious story. An astonishing payoff. Once you see The Prestige, you'll want to see it again. Watch closely.
When I first watched this film, I was like 'what on earth have I just watched'. Not going to lie, I didn't get it but that's because I wasn't watching it properly. Because with The Prestige, everything is explained before it actually is explained. It is so clever how the plot and the characters develop in the film but also how there are plot twists after plot twist after plot twist.
And with that cast, what more could you ask for in a film!?!?!?
Beauty and The Beast
(1991)
Starring: Paige O'Hara, Robby Benson, Richard White, Jerry Orbach, Angela Lansbury, Hal Smith, David Ogden Stiers, Bradley Michael Pierce
Plot from the back of the DVD:
One of the most acclaimed and treasured animated films of all time is about to sweep you off your feet. Follow the adventure of Belle, a bright young woman who finds herself in the castle of a prince who's been turned into a mysterious beast. With the help of the castle's enchanted staff, Belle soon learns the most important lesson of all - that true beauty comes from within. Be our guest and let the music you'll never forget and the characters who will fill your heart cast a shimmering spell like never before.
Ahhh a Disney classic. Beauty and the Beast is my all time favourite Disney film because I love the plot and the characters. When I was young, the beast would scare me so much because he was mean to Belle and them eyes used to freak me out but as I have grown with the film, it showed me how love is caring for someone so much but not because of their appearance, because of who they are.
It showed me how you make sacrifices for the ones you love in a heart beat.
One things for sure is that you always have to sing along with the classics that are 'Be Our Guest', 'Gaston' and 'Beauty and the Beast', like yesssssssssssssssssss, they are the best! 
The Dark Knight
(2008)
Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Aaron Eckhart
Plot at the back of the DVD:
The follow up of Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime. With the help of Lt. Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to destroy organised crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves effective. But soon the three find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker, who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante.
Probably seen as the best Batman film of all time so far, The Dark Knight certainly leaves you on edge. From the amazinggggggg cast to the dark, intense plot and characters, I can watch this film all day every day!
I thought they couldn't beat 2005 film Batman Begins but nope, I was wrong because this is crazily good. The chemistry between Batman and Joker is just scarily intense and the reprising performances from Bale and Oldman, who plays Gordon, are just spot on!
If you haven't seen this action packed, explosive film then where have you been for the past 8 years??!
Now You See Me
(2013)
Starring: Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Jesse Eisenberg, Mélanie Laurent, Dave Franco, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman
Plot from the back of the DVD:
In this visually spectacular blend of astonishing illusions and exhilarating action from the director Louis Leterrier, four talented magicians memorise an international audience with a series of bold and original heists, all the while pursuing a hidden agenda that has the FBI and Interpol scrambling to anticipate their next move.
There seems to be a running theme of Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in this post and the funny thing is that I'm not that keen on the latter actor hahah oops!
Anyway...
Three words: that plot twist.
That is it. I just utterly love this film, I can't even begin to explain why. I am such a fan of magic in general, I would love to become a magician or to practice in it but the way Now You See Me was done, it was so mind boggling amazingly clever. I thought I had got it, how they pulled of that massive trick and who everyone was but oooooooh how I was completely and utterly wrong.
Like I think no one was expecting that ending and if you did then you are a complete genius and I congratulate you. And don't even get me started on the second film...
But remember, the closer you look, the less you see.
Well there you have it, five films to watch during your next film night!
Lights, camera, action!!!!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs my own!

Comments

Popular Posts