A day trip to York

First things first, this is my 200th post like whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!! I cannot believe it, thank you all for taking the time and reading me waffle on about things in 200 posts on this blog!
 
Yesterday, mother and I decided to go to York for the day. We both adore this historical city because 1) I love history and love learning about a city's past, 2) Cath Kidston is there and 3) Bettys is the best place ever!

York Minster!
I thought I would post a few (a lot oops) photos I took whilst we were there due to the fact it was an absolutely gorgeous day.

So here is 'A day trip to York'...


What a stunning day it was!
The first thing we did once we got to this beautiful city is, of course, go to Bettys for some breakfast.
I adore this vintage café, that was established in 1918 I think, could be wrong.
From its quirky interior to its stunning display of food in the little shop, it was such a fab way to kick off a day!
As per usual, I tucked into my scrambled eggs with smoked salmon accompanied by a toasted muffin and had a tasty chocolate ice cream milkshake and boy, they both hit the spot!

GET IN MA BELLY
 Afterwards, we hit the shops and obviously went to our fave! Cath Kidston!
Although I did not purchase anything (surprising since I always do), it was so nice to see the new collection and all of the London print, perfect for us two as we go so often to the UKs capital!

Of course I got a selfie in CK!

Then we hit other shops such as Ness, The White Company and White Stuff.

How cool is White Stuff's window, I want that pineapple!


And not forgetting their pretty tiles!


Well hello there darling!
We then went up to see York Minster in all of its glory in the sunshine!
Look how stunning it looks!





Randomly went on a walk down a street next, ended up at a lovely sweet shop and made our way down to a stunning park, filled with dogs I wanted to take home with me.













Then we looked around other shops such as HMV, Paperchase and M&S before heading back to get the train home!
What a lovely day to spend in such a lovely city!
Such beautiful blossom near the train station
Now for the fashion side, what I wore:


  This looks posed, however I was trying to get my hair out of my face and mum took this random pic but I quite like it so here we are!
Shirt: Primark, £10
Skirt:
Sandals: Primark, £8
Bag: Primark, £10

And finally, the beauty:

Eyeliner: Primark P.S Liquid Eyeliner, £1
Mascara: No7 Lash Impact Mascara, £15
Lipstick: Lime Crime Velvetines, £10
Foundation: No7 Stay Perfection Foundation, £!5

Well there you have it, an action packed day in York!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts