On the topic of hunting

Aghhhhhh sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have been so busy this past week so I haven't had the chance to write/post anything. However, I am back with something that has broken mine and millions around the worlds hearts.

The tragic killing of Cecil the Lion (pictured below) in Zimbabwe, Africa, by an American Dentist has been one of the main stories of the week. Cecil was lured out of the sanctuary and was shot with a bow and arrow. Apparently his body was found 40 hours later, where he was shot with a gun. He was then skinned and his head was removed.
During the past week, the media coverage and people taking to social networking sites to convey utter outrage (and quite rightly so!) has made this one of the biggest stories so far of 2015 in my eyes.


And to make matters worse... It was also reported later on last week that Cecil brother, Jericho, was illegally killed.

Clearly both of the lion's death in such a short period of time has caused a debate that has been going on for ages now... Is it right to hunt animals?

So here is my "On the topic of hunting"...

Note: these are ALL my own views on this subject. Yours may be the same or differ. Please take this into account when reading this post as your could be completely opposition.

Where to even begin with this topic. I don't know about you but hunting should be banned. Full stop.

I don't understand how anyone kill a poor, defenceless animal?! How can anyone justify and support such a thing?! It's disgusting and it repels me so much.

However, the main reason for Cecil death being so highly covered by the media was because he was a famous lion. Thousands upon thousands of animals get hunted across the world. Yet, they don't get any media cover. I understand that its because they were famous like Cecil was but it is still a life, even though they aren't human.

Here is an idea, why don't we let the animals have "fun" too like the hunters do. The hunters can be the prey and the animals can be the hunters. The hunters get hunted.

When I say this is an idea, its more of an outlook of what is happening to defenceless animals like Cecil- a sort of 'put yourself in their shoes' thing. Why is it that some people find this ok?

It makes me lose complete and utter faith in humanity and makes me ashamed to be in the same species as these 'hunters' if I'm honest.

END HUNTING AND POACHING NOW🚫

What are your views on hunting? Should people be stopped from killing animals?
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!
 
 



Comments

Popular Posts