A new start. A new me.

It's half way through 2014 and as cliché as it sounds, I want to be healthier and more happy with my body.

So because this is my first post, I wanted to write about something in which I am currently doing, exercising and trying to lose weight.

I started to put on weight a few years ago. This was because of a lot of crap happened to me throughout my teenage years, which clearly I did not cope with very well at the time. I was bullied at school and stuff started to happen in my family in which no one told me about because they thought I was "too young to understand". Furthermore, it didn't help when I kept all of my feelings and problems to myself, both physically and mentally.



2010

Due to this, I comfort ate. I wouldn't really eat at school as I felt uncomfortable doing it in front of people, always being paranoid in thinking other students were talking about me. At home, I used to eat lots of really bad junk food. I did not exercise very much, except for a 2 hour dance class every week, and I just shut myself off from the world basically. I was in a really dark place. Around friends and family, I appeared to happy but looking back I can say I wasn't really. Not happy at all.

This went on for a couple of years, until I finally realised where I went wrong with being me. It suddenly hit me that it shouldn't matter what people thought of you, don't let them get you down about the way you look. Be confident because confidence is the best way to forget about your peers. This is where I decided to be me and to start to lose weight.

So let us skip forward to the present month and two weeks ago (2nd June), I started working out and doing a 40 minutes exercise every day. This was basically to get me in better shape.



I also changed my diet. As stated before, junk food was a big part of my diet, which is definitely not good. By eating less calories and less portion sizes, my body is starting to change for the better and I have more energy to do stuff.



2014, I am going to an engagement party
that why I am dressed up

So to round off my first post on my blog, this is for those people who say they want to lose weight but do nothing about it. I was one of those people for years and trust me, you will get nowhere. Even if you only do a small amount of exercise every day, it really does help. Exercising and eating healthily really isn't hard once you get use to it. In a week, I have lost 2 inches of my waist and legs. This may not be a huge deal to some but for someone who has been in a really bad place due to their image, it is. Don't get me wrong, these changes will not happen magically over night or maybe not in the first week but changes like these can and WILL make ALL the difference in the future.

So believe me when I say, you CAN do this.


MY TOP 5 TIPS:
  1. Feel great about it and enjoy it. Don't do it for anyone else but yourself. Believe me, you will start to notice a change in the way you look and feel just by exercising and eating more healthily. 
  2. Exercise at least 4/5 times a week. Yes, I know this is a lot for some but once you get in a workout routine and are use to it then the results you can achieve will be worth it. Even if it's a 20 minute workout or walking more, that's fine- brilliant in fact. Small changes in your lifestyle contribute to a big change in yourself and the way you feel. No pain no gain, right?
  3. Make small changes to your diet over time. Small changes like not eating as much junk food, eating more food which is good for you or just eating less portion sizes, these all make a difference in the long run.  
  4. Set goals. By planning out what you want to accomplish, it will make you more determined to achieve it. From wanting to get into that dress or shirt again or to just feeling good about yourself mentally and physically, goals help so much so set them.
  5. Get support. Try not to do this alone, get a family member or friend to join you in your exercises and get them involved by trying out a new recipe you are trying out. Even if they are just giving you moral support, it all helps you for the future.

I will write about my 'weight loss' journey at some point so look out for future posts and tips about it.
Until next time

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!
 

-------------------------------------
Instagram: thevintagedaydream
Twitter: carolineosbel
Pinterest: carolineosbel
Tumblr: theadventuresofcarolineosbel

DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this post. All views and opinions are my own. All photographs are my own. No Copyright infringement intended

Comments

Popular Posts