It all about the music

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been busy with university stuff.

However, I am back and for this post I will be showing you my top ten albums. This is because my cousin tagged me to name my 10 albums so I am doing it on my blog!

1. Sinners Never Sleep by You Me At Six

My favourite album I own is the third studio album, Sinners Never Sleep, by punk rock band You Me At Six. No surprise there then since they are my favourite band!


One of the reasons why I love this is because all of the songs on it have a meanings. Some of them are about the bands fathers who have passed away and some about their relationship as a band.

My favourite song from the band is Crash. It makes me so emotional! The song describes what the band's friendship and professional relationship was and how it is now. Plus the fact its a great song to sing your heart out to!


Album released: 3 October 2011

2. Believers Never Die by Fall Out Boy

Now I love a bit of FOB, I'm not going to lie. They are a great band.

Believers Never Die is a compilation of the American rock band's best hits. From the all time classics like 'Dance, Dance' and 'Thnks fr th Mmrs' (Thanks for the Memories) to 'I Don't Care' and 'This ain't a Scene, Its an Arm Race', the album is for any FOB fan.

Sugar, We're Goin Down has to be my favourite song by far. For years I genuinely thought it said in the chorus 'Sugar we're going down, down on a merry-go-round'. When I found out that it was 'Sugar we're going down, down and we're nearly around', I was upset.


Album released 17 November 2009

3. Take off your colours by You Me At Six

Another album from the Surrey five piece band is number 3 in my top 10.

Take Off Your Colours was their first studio album and one of my favourite ones they have done. 'Save it for the bedroom', 'Finders Keepers', 'The Rumour' and 'Jealous Minds Think Alike' are some of my favourite songs on it.

The first song I ever heard from the band was 'Kiss n Tell', which is on the album. From listening to this, I was hooked on YMAS. That guitar solo at the beginning is too amazing!


Album released 6 October 2008

4. The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

The third studio album by American based rock band My Chemical Romance is fourth on my list.

I absolutely love this album, mainly because of the pure story through all of the songs. It focuses on 'The Patient (who has cancer) through his life, his death and his afterlife. 'Teenagers', 'House of Wolves' and 'I Don't Love You' are some of my favourite tracks.

However, my favourite song from the album is 'Welcome to The Black Parade'. I love this song purely because I love singing my heart out to it when it comes on my iTunes or on my phone etc. It really is a great album for any rock fan.


Album released 24 October 2006

5. Cavalier Youth by You Me At Six

Yes, this is another YMAS album and yes, I am slightly obsessed with this band.

However, Cavalier Youth is one of those albums you can put on and just relax to. Its their latest studio album and it definitely has not disappointed in my high expectation.

'Lived A Lie', 'Fresher Start Fever', 'Room to Breathe' and 'Be Who You Are' are some of the best songs they have ever done. ell, in my eyes anyway!

Cold Night by far is my favourite song on the album, although all of them are just perfect. The beat, the music video, the lyrics are just amazing and I love singing this song. I sing it everywhere.


Album released: 27 January 2014

6. Invincible by 5ive


5ive have to be my childhood band hands down. They are perfect and their songs are perfect too.

'Inspector Gadget', 'If Ya Gettin' Down', 'We Will Rock You' and 'Don't Wanna Let You Go' are some big songs on this album.

Keep on Movin is my all time favourite song ever. The up beat tempo and the lyrics makes me really happy. Even if it comes on in a night club, which it has, I always sing my heart out to it and dance my little dance to it. Yes, I have made a dance for it. I am that weird.


Album released 8 November 1999

7. Now that's what I call Disco by various artists

I absolutely love 60s/70s and a bit of 80s music. I bought this album for my mother for Christmas because its her era of music but I have claimed this as mine now. She has no choice in the matter.

Some all time dance classics are in the 3 CD album and its just perfect for those who love to boogie. From ABBA, Sister Sledge, Village People to The Jacksons, Chic and Lipps Inc, everything you can think from this dance era in this album.

'Boogie Wonderland' is my favourite song from the album. Found on the first CD, this song is an absolute dance tune. If you want to boogie or jut sing to the lyrics, this is one of my favourite songs ever.


Album released 26 August 2013

8. Hold me down by You Me At Six

Another YMAS album but I promise this is the last one (until they bring out another album that is). Hold Me Down, their second studio album, is a great relaxing one to listen to.

Some of the best songs in my eyes from the album is: 'Underdog', Stay With Me', 'Fireworks' and 'The Consequence'.

Liquid Confidence is in my top five favourite songs ever. I don't know why but it just gets to me whenever I listen to it. No wonder it won the 'Best Single' at the Kerrang! Awards in 2010, its just that good!

Album released: 11 January 2010

9. Metro Station by Metro Station

Now if you know me personally then you know how much I used to obsess over this band.

This pop album is a great one to get up an dance to crazily as the songs have good beats.
'Kelsey', 'Seventeen Forever' and 'Now That We're Done' are three of my favourite tunes on it as they are good to sing-a-long to.

Shake It hands down is the best song on the album in my opinion. Due to the fact that I am very weird and crazy, I created a little dance to the chorus and do it whenever and where ever I hear it. It is a feel good song to let loose.


Album released 18 September 2007

10. Number Ones by Michael Jackson

I love a bit of MJ and this is one of the best albums he has released purely because most of my favourite songs of his are on it.

From dance songs 'They Way You Make Me Feel', 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough' and 'Thriller' to ballads such as 'The Earth Song', 'You are not alone' and 'Man in the Mirror', this album will make you feel a lot of emotions. Some will make you happy, some will make you sad, some will make you think and some will make you dance til dawn.

Rock My World is one hell of a tune. Great beat, great lyrics to sing to and a great music video. One I definitely dance crazily to.


Album released 17 November 2003

Well there you have it, my top ten albums I have!
What are your favourite albums?
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts