Someone say hot chocolate mug cake

A little recipe for today's Blogmas post, to get you all in the Christmas spirit if you aren't in it already! I love Autumn/Winter for a number of reasons! The beautiful colours, big warm jumpers, the festive period but mainly because it is acceptable to drink hot chocolate.


The chocolaty treat is the only hot drink I actually like and I thought I might try combine two of my favourite things in life. Hot chocolate and cake. This isn't from a recipe book or anything, I have just experimented with it and this seems to do the trick so thought I would share it with you all!

Did someone say hot chocolate mug cake...

Ingredients
 
1-2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2-3 tablespoons self raising flour
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon of milk
2-3 tablespoons of hot chocolate powder [add more or less depending on how chocolaty you like it]
Some marshmallows
White chocolate stars [optional]
Hundred and thousand sprinkles [optional]
Candy cane [optional]
 
You will also need a microwavable mug so please make sure it can go in the microwave before you do anything!
 
What to do now
 
1. Put the butter in the microwavable mug and heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until completely melted.
2. Add the sugar and flour to the butter and stir until it is smooth.
3. Then put in the egg, milk and hot choc powder and stir until it is all combined. Place this in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, doing 20 seconds at a time if it isn't quite done yet. Keep an eye on it as it will rise due to the flour.
4. Once baked, add the marshmallows to the top, heat them up for 20-30 seconds until melted. Then add the stars and sprinkles, along with the candy cane, or whatever decoration you have chosen and voila, you have yourself a hot chocolate mug cake!
 
What a delight!
 

 
And there you go, getting into the festive mood some more! 
Until tomorrow

-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

  1. It seems pretty easy and simple to do! I think I might give it a go! It looks sooo good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty easy to make and the ingridents are quite simple so I might give it a go! I am not sure mine will look as gorgaous as yours though haah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So simple and quick to do and rather very tasty! I am sure it will look delicious! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts