Get ready 2018, I am coming for you

The last day of 2017, I cannot believe how fast this year has gone and what a marvellous year 2017 has been.

My friends have just nailed life, I found someone who just makes me heart beam with happiness, getting a life size cut out of my love [Audrey Hepburn] and most importantly, I have found myself, these past 12 months have been a rollercoaster but I wouldn't change them for the world.


With 2018 literally just round the corner, it got me thinking about what I want to achieve and do in the new year. My personal goals for 2018.

So get ready 2018, I am coming for you...

  • Over the past year and a bit, I have lost a crap load of weight. Four stone and 6LBs to be precise. I still have a long way to go in terms of me being healthier but my god, I am so proud of me and learned an important lesson in 2017 that I plan on taking through to new year. Your weight/size doesn't define who you are so just completely love yourself because that's the most important thing you can do, be yourself.
  • 2017 marked the year that I finally left the single life and found a rather unexpected relationship with someone who just makes me so very happy. Naturally, I want this to continue in 2018 because as soppy and cringey as this may sound, I cant imagine my life without Ryan now. It's weird because I have been single my whole life really and now I have someone ad it just feels so flipping fab and I can't imagine losing that, nor do I want to.
  • Since graduating in journalism in 2016, I gave myself a year out to focus on myself, get a job and to take a break from education. These past 12 months I have been debating whether or not to go back to uni and either start a new course in interior design or study a Masters in photography.
  • To actually learn to drive. I am 23 now and well, I haven't even got my provisional license yet, like Caroline, get your act together man! Most of my friends can drive now and it's about god damn time I start too.
  • Travelling around the UK to different places is something I will always love to do. Who needs to go abroad when you have stunning citys, towns and villages to explore in the country. Due to this, I reeeeally want to start visiting more places in the UK and finally go to Ireland, a place I have always wanted to visited. Whether it is with friends, family or Ryan, I want adventures where we explore, gaze at beautiful architecture or get lost in the beauty of it all and in 2018, I plan to have them.
  • In March 2017, after three months of being unemployed again, I got meself a job at my local Tesco. Because my mum works at the same one, I knew most of the staff already and I am absolutely loving it still. However, it isn't want I want to do with my life and as the days past by, I still don't know what I want to do. But that's okay, 100% okay, and I realised that this year. Who knows, maybe 2018 will be the year I figure out what to do with my existence because I hope so.
  • Finally, 2018 is going to be the year I still love myself and continue to be my weird and wonderful self because I love me.  
Well there we have it! I honestly cannot wait for 2018 to start tomorrow, however, here is to 2017, you have been one fabulous year!
See you all in 2018
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

Popular Posts