Happy birthday to me... Kinda

So tomorrow marks my 23rd year on this planet and well, I feel old. Not old old but just old. Due to the fact that it is my birthday tomorrow, I thought I would do a little post today to celebrate. Instead of the usual what I have learnt or 23 facts about many and so on, I thought I would just do a mixture of 23 things.


What I have learnt, some of my favourite quotes, some random facts that you may or may not know already, I just thought it would be a fun why for me to reflect on my 23 years and for you to get to know me a bit better!

So happy birthday to me... Kinda...

  1. Mint green is my favourite colour and I would love a front door as well as a Vesper in this colour. That's the dream anyway!
  2. My favourite ever Disney princess is Belle, favourite Disney animal character is Baloo and my favourite princes are Flynn Rider [yeah I know he isn't technically a prince] and Prince Adam aka the Beast [I love them both equally] and my favourite non talking animal are Max and Pascal from Tangled!
  3. I am a sucker for cute bedding and cushions, like I looooooooooooove duvet sets and the amount of cushions I already have in my bedroom is just crazy!
  4. Since graduating uni last year, I have been thinking about returning but not in a journalism course but either a photography one or an interior design one! I know, completely different to my first degree haha
  5. Sunsets/sunrises, spontaneous trips with friends, time with family, fresh flowers, the smell of rain, getting lost whilst exploring a new place and a late night in watching a film are some of the best things in life. Cherish them.
  6. My celebrity crush is Colin Morgan and he is just perfect in my eyes!
  7. My bedroom is currently all vintage inspired but with a Disney twist and lots of fake flowers everywhere because I am a plant killer [I try not to be alright, they just sorta die on me *sad face*]
  8. "A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." - Roald Dahl
  9. I think Nandos, Starbucks, Stranger Things, Zoella and Lush are overrated
  10. Audrey Hepburn is love, Audrey Hepburn is life.
  11. I have seen every 65 episode of Merlin [aka my love, my fave, my life] at least 50 times
  12. During third uni year, I studied shorthand as an extra and managed to get 60wpm, haven't used it since but hey, party trick!
  13. I just utterly adore Agatha Christie, I think she is one of the best authors of all time and her stories are just gripping, intense and marvellous!
  14. Each week, I try to learn a new word and say it at least once in a conversation! This weeks word is 'ineffable': too great to be put into words.
  15. You have to make mistakes to learn. Failure is good because it shows that we have tried and that we can grow from it.
  16. My playlist covers everything from 5ive, Be*witched, Spice Girls, Kate Nash and Mika to You Me At Six, Fall Out Boy, Biffy Clyro and so many more, my music taste varies a lot!
  17. I am making it my life's mission to visit as many tearooms in the UK as I possibly can. They make me so very very happy!
  18. Today [Halloween] is my favourite day of the year but I do not do horror films or scary things at all, oh hell no!
  19. I find myself watching recipe videos randomly on my laptop or phone for like an hour, sometimes more
  20. "The most important thing is to enjoy your lie - to be happy - it's all that matters" - Audrey Hepburn
  21. It takes a long time to learnt o love yourself after hating yourself for so long but believe me when I say, all the hurt and pain is worth it just to feel like yourself once more.
  22. I have never seen the films The Notebook, Shankshaw Redemption, The Godfather and many more classics that I need to watch asap!
  23. The most important thing that has took me 23 long years to realise. Being you is the best, most wonderful, positively splendid person you can ever be. Embrace your individuality.  
And there we have it, a selection of quotes, random facts and so on!
Well, here is to another year on Earth haha!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

  1. I have just painted my front door in a mint apple green! Love it!

    Happy birthday hun


    Rachael xox
    www.rachaeldickinson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooooo jealous! Thank you so much lovely! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts