5 TV shows you have to watch on Netflix UK (Part Two)

First things first, I am going away to Whitby tomorrow (I am so excited) until Thursday so I won't post until after I return most likely! Anyway, on to today's post...

Hi, I am Caroline and I am a Netflixaholic.

But you can never have enough of Netflix, right?! In April, I published a post about five TV shows you should watch on the streaming service Netflix UK. Two months on and well, I am back with another few programmes you will totally want to binge on.


From murder, classroom comedy to a brain eating coroner and drag queens, it is all here.

So here is '5 TV shows you have to watch on Netflix UK (Part Two)'...

RuPaul's Drag Race

Not going to lie, I stumbled on this as I was flicking through things I could watch and I am glad I did.
I am hooked!
I have never heard of him until watching this but RuPaul is a famous, sassy drag queen and I love him so much, he is hilarious!
First airing in 2009, it is a reality TV competition that sees drag queens from across America competing to be crowned Drag Queen Superstar and it is hosted by RuPaul, both in and out of drag. 
Normally, I don't like this sort of stuff, I don't really do reality TV so much, but because it was about drag queens and that intrigued me so I decided to give it a go.
The format of the show is the queens have a mini challenge then a main challenge before hitting the runway whilst getting judged by RuPaul and others.
Guest judges throughout the series include Paula Abdul, Khloe Kardashian, Neil Patrick Harris, Kathy Griffin, La Toya Jackson and so many more.
Netflix has series 2-6 available and I'm not going to lie, I binged watched this like crazy.
So much so that all I was constantly singing is RuPaul's 'Cover Girl' song because damn it, it is so catchy and so is the show!!!
Bad Education
 
Starring one of my crushes, Jack Whitehall, the series focuses on Alfie Wickers (Whitehall), who is a newly graduated secondary school teacher at Abbey Grove School. Teaching history, Wickers appears to be cool to impress his crush, a teacher at the school also. Due to this, he turns to his mismatched class to help him with his efforts to woo but you can probably guess how well that goes.
I love this comedy, it is hilarious. Jack is funny anyway but I really loved watching him in this.
Two series are available to watch and if you like a good British sitcom then this is great.

Happy Valley


Consisting of two series, first series only available on Netflix though, this crime drama is crazily fabulous but dramatic.
It focuses on take-no-prisoners police sergeant Catherine Cawood, played by Sarah Lancashire, who is still coming to terms with the suicide of her daughter, Becky, 8 years earlier and bringing up her young song, Ryan, whilst living at her sisters house.
Things take a dark turn when Tommy Lee Royce, played by one of my top 10 crushes James Norton, who is the man who brutally raped Becky, leading her to becoming pregnant and to her suicide, is out of prison.
Catherine soon becomes obsessed with searching for Royce but little does she know that he is involved in a kidnapping, with a few more people so the search is definitely on.
Sounds complicated, I know, I thought so to watching this for the first time but if there is one thing you should watch in your lifetime, it has got to be this. It had me hooked from the get go. With its twists and turns and surprising plot twists, it left me literally hanging onto cushion, shouting at the TV screen whilst sitting on the end of me seat.
It is so intense but my god, I love it!

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

If there is one thing I love in a good television show is a bloody good murder (pun intended).
I just can't get enough of them.
Like RuPaul's Drag Race, I stumbled on this Australian TV show, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, by accident and at first, I wasn't too sure, I admit it, but now I am addicted.
It focuses on the lady detective Miss Phryne Fisher, played by Essie Davis, and her solving cases in 1920s Melbourne. When I say solving, I mean she always seems to end up helping Detective Inspector John "Jack" Robinson, played by Nathan Page, in his cases because she is always involved in the story one way or another.
It is a bit like Miss Marple or Midsomer Murders if you have seen them, in the way it is light but entertaining as you try and work out who done it in the two series available.
I love Miss Fisher because she is an independent lady who does not need a man and she steps out from that society's ideals. It is so refreshing to watch.
And lets not even mention the fact that I really want and need Phyrne and Jack to just get together already.
iZombie

I hate anything to do with zombies. Hate hate hate hate hate it.
However, I have been wanting to watch this series for ages now as it has one of my favourite actors in it, Bradley James (who played Arthur in my fave TV show Merlin).
Anyway, it focuses on Liv, a former medical person turned assistant coroner to get her fix of brains. Let me explain, at first, she is a normal human being but when she attends a boat party she takes a new drug and then things take a very weird turn and she ends up turning into a zombie.
But because she works are the morgue, she turns into a crime solving person as when she consumes the dead person's brains, she helps Seattle PD solve the person's death.
It is basically a zombie crime drama but I love it.
Who would have thought it?!
And thank god, it had Bradley in it because words cannot express my love for this show.
When you see zombie, you tend to think of brain eating, horrible, scary as hell creatures. (That's what I think of anyway)
Part of that is true with this show, they eat brains but they aren't scary.... Kinda!!!!!
WINNINGGGGGGG!!!
I just adore the chemistry between Liv and her boss Ravi (not in a dating kinda way) but they are so hilarious together and I love all the other characters, even the baddie because they are funny!
With two series available to watch, I love how it focuses on her trying to help solves people's deaths and the different storylines and characters but also how Liv is trying to come to terms with her being a zombie.
 ... 
Well there you have, another five TV shows you have got to watch on Netflix UK.
I am totally addicted to it but it is so worth it.
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts