Popcorn pizza

A savoury recipe for you today for this months bake in my Bake and Make new years resolution series! And it comes in the form of popcorn. But not just any popcorn, no. Pizza popcorn. Popcorn pizza. Hallelujah!


From Twisted website, this actually appeared on my Facebook timeline and my god, I drooled a lot. Because I am going to Whitby later this month and we are hopefully making these, I decided that I would give a test run.

So here is 'Popcorn pizza'...

This recipe is from Twisted website, no copyright infringement intended.
 
 What you will need:
 
Mini Pepperoni Slices, or Pepperami, cut into little discs
Mozzarella, cut into 1cm cubes
500g Pizza Dough
100g salted butter, melted
50g Parmesan, grated
Garlic
Parsley
Marinara sauce, to serve
 
What to do now:
 
1. Preheat the oven to its highest setting. On a work surface, grab a little walnut sized piece of dough, flatten out and pop in a piece of mozzarella and pepperoni. Bring up the sides to seal as best you can, pinching in places.
2. Pop on an oiled baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the top is just coloured and balls are soft. Some cheese will be leaking in places. This is fine.
3. Dunk in the melted butter (mixed with the garlic -crushed if it isn't already- and parsley), once ok to handle, then roll in parmesan.
4. Destroy.
 
And the tasty final product...
 



 
First of all, step 4 is my favourite, thank you Twisted for giving me this opportunity to destroy these because I tell you now, they didn't last long at all.
Due to the fact I am a veggie, I didn't include the pepperoni and I didn't use the marinara sauce but oh my, these were delicious. I mean, what isn't there to love about these?!
It is pizza but in bite size pieces.
With them being smothered in the garlic butter (I love garlic so much, I cant even), they were melt in the mouth good. The cheese in the dough with the butter and parmesan, these are great for parties or as something easy to make for lunch/tea.
 
I cannot wait for Whitby now (even more than I do already), just so we can create these bad boys *drools*
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts