A lil' bedroom makeover

If you follow me on Twitter than you will know how a couple of weeks ago, I spent 6 whole hours in IKEA with two of my favourite people. Who doesn't love this funky furniture shop though?!

Considering I could happily spend all my money in the place, I actually did quite well during my visit there as I only had a couple of things in the trolley. That's until I got to the end of the store and saw something truly adorable, you will find out what further on in the post.


My Audrey corner as a part of my old room's layout
However, due to this funky item of furniture, I decided to change the layout of my room and well, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I thought I would give you a look around my new bedroom because why not!

Feast your eyes on this lil' adorable makeover...

 
Now, I have a cute little sitting area with my blanket box and wall art, making it the perfect space for me to do a bit of reading, whilst staring out the window!
My bed is in the middle, with space on both sides to dance and sing around still, which is always a bonus that!
 
 
The other side of my bedroom, but still on the same wall, is my work space. My beautiful bureau, pride of place with that stunning photo of my love, Audrey Hepburn. Plus another photo of her next to it so I still have my Audrey corner!
 
 
However, this beauty is the reason I changed my bedroom's layout in the first place. Now, you are probably thinking what the hell is it and why does it have teacups and plant pots in it. That's because it is suppose to be a plant pot stand from IKEA, which I got for £20 instead of £30!
After a lot of umming and arghing, I bought it because I thought it would make such a cute and unique feature in my room as well as being a divider/screen, separating my work space and my sleeping area.
Although I haven't quite finished yet with it, still need a couple more pots to use as a small bin and a drink holder, I am proper pleased with it like it is sooo pretty!
Covered in fairy lights, tea cups I am using to put little things in, and five plant pots filled with beautiful flowers [fake of course, we all know I am a plant killer], I am absolutely in love with how it turned out!
 
And there we have it, an adorable bedroom makeover all because of a funky IKEA thing!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

Popular Posts