Why it's ok to be a teetotaler

At the ripe old age of 22, I am a teetotaler. As someone who doesn't drink alcohol (unless I want to -which is very rare- or it's for a special occasion), most of the time I get people saying 'you are sooooo boring' and 'why don't you ever come out', especially whilst I was at college a few years ago.

Society has portrayed how certain age groups have to be like or are like specific things. From 18 years old and onwards, we should be going out, getting drunk, having fun. I like to do these things, minus the middle.


Due to the fact I am sick and tired of people saying I'm boring because I don't like to get hammered, I am here writing this post here.

I have never been much of a drinker and probably never will. I don't need to drink alcohol to have a good time, as my friends would say I am the party. I love to dance and to sing and have a fun time enough that I don't need to drink booze.

It is hard as most of my friends do like to go out and have a drink or two so they don't really understand where I am coming from. I don't need to have a drink to get on that dance floor, I am already on that dance floor busting my moves before I even enter the club.

I just need music, not alcohol.

Going to nightclubs just ain't my scene and neither is drinking alcohol, I would rather be at home or at the cinemas with either a hot chocolate or ice blast in my hand and a bag of popcorn in the other.
No alcohol anywhereeeeeeeee!
Or I would go to the pub. I like to hear people talk and have a conversation with them instead of trying to hear them and shouting in people's ear and pretending I understand what they have said after asking them to repeat five times beforehand.

The thing is that I shouldn't have to write this post. I should not have to explain myself as to why I don't drink, I just don't unless I want to. It is not a necessity. I will not be peer pressured into doing something I don't want to do and if that makes me lame then so be it.
 
Basically to summarise this whole post, just because someone is a teetotaler or rarely drinks alcohol, it doesn't mean they are boring!
 
Well there you go, my rant is over!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own

Comments

  1. Hi! I kind of get how you feel about everyone saying "you're so boring" when I don't drink or when I decline an invitation to go out. I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts