On the topic of finishing Uni

Uni. 3 years, god knows how many assignments, two graduations and a hell of amount of stress but here we are, here I am writing this... I have finally finished my second university degree, therefore done with education, and I could not be happier.


One graduation down, one to go
A year ago today, 21st May 2015 (gosh, time flies), I posted a uni realisation and I thought it might be nice for me to tell you 10 points I have learned over the course of both my foundation and BA Hons degree.

So here is 'On the topic of finishing Uni'...

1. You meet incredible people, who I hope I will stay in touch with afterwards. God knows, we have been on an emotional rollercoaster of a ride, some more than others, but at the end of the day we can say we have our degree (and hopefully the stress was worth it).
 
2. Graduating is one of the best feelings in the world. Emphasis on the 'the' there. I have two, one for my foundation degree, which I had in January (read here) and the other for my BA Hons, which I have recently completed and will be held in July.
And I can tell you now after already having one, it feels so god damn good to say 'I have done it'.
 
3. I don't want to be a journalist anymore and that's ok. I initially took a journalism degree because, shock horror, I wanted to be a reporter but now I don't. For months now I have had zero motivation because of this. That bit is bad but it isn't the end of the world as I did pull through it in the end.
Instead, I have found other passions along the way and wanting to do that as my career!
 
4. The feeling when you feel proud of yourself, I have never had until now. After these three years, I have never been so happy and proud of myself for sticking with something and actually completely something, that now I can say 'I did that'.
 
5. Shorthand is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Sad I know but I have 60wpm in shorthand and I could NOT be happier with this fact! It took me the third exam to finally achieve this but not many people can say they have shorthand so the pain was worth it. It is one of the most difficult things I have ever experienced but I am so glad I decided to take it as an extra to my uni course because now I can write secret messages without anyone knowing what they read.


Throwback to first year!
6. My confidence has gone through the roof! Yeah, I might not be able to talk to the guy I have a huge crush on (do people still say crush?) but I am so much more confident in myself and well, who knows what the future may hold for me!
 
7. The time and effort it takes the lecturers to plan lessons, mark all of the work as well as put up with us stressing about things, I am not even going to mention me crying during the middle of some lessons (oops).
 
8. Netflix is one of the best things invented.
Thanks Emma for giving me yours, I love ya!
From Pretty Little Liars, Bates Motel to Sense 8 and loads more, it was such haven to go to whilst dealing with stress and the work. Yes, yes I am addicted.
 
9. Don't say 'oh I will do it tomorrow' because you and I both know that isn't going to happen most likely. Do it then and there and then you can just chill afterwards for a bit until the next assignment.
Don't forget, me time is just as important!
 
10. And the main thing I have learned whilst studying at uni is that you can literally do anything you set your heart to. Cliché, I know, but it is true I can't even tell you.
In the words of Shia LaBeouf, 'Just Do It!!!'

 
Well there you have it, your favourite fan girl has finished university and finished with education! (Unless I decide to do a Masters Degree)

Just like I said a year ago today, after years of doubting my capability, I finally realised that just a bit of self confidence and self belief goes along way in achieving your goals!
 Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

Popular Posts