Winter Sale Items!

First things first, HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!

I know I haven't posted in while- been super busy. However, I am back to show you some of the items I have bought over the last couple of weeks that are perfect for the wintery season and were in the sales!

Most of the items are from  different shops therefore prices may have changed or not in the store anymore.

Let us begin...

1. The Audrey Look

This has to be my joint favourite item on this list. I love wearing skirts, I have loads in my wardrobe so when I saw this one in the Cath Kidston sale, I knew I had to have it. This long green flowered skirt is perfect for those who don't like getting their legs out. Going past your knees and having side pockets, I actually kind of feel like Audrey Hepburn in this. I am not complaining, after all so is my favourite actress. Or like I should be in a period drama.

Originally £45, I bought this for £25 which is a great price considering CK is quite expensive. It is available in a star pattern but I am a sucker for thing flowery.




Sizes: XS, S, M, L

I could not find the floral skirt web link but here is the link for the starry skirt: http://www.cathkidston.com/cath-kidston/scattered-stars-long-skirt-1013098

2. Its so fluffy

This is my other favourite item. A dark green furry coat. I am obsessed with this and the colour at the moment. I feel like a Hollywood A-Lister in the 50s or something. The soft to the touch Marks and Spencers coat covers your bum and keeps your whole outfit classy and sophisticated.

I did buy this in the M&S sale at £57 so it is a bit pricey but so worth that amount of money.



Sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18

Here is the link for the coat on the M&S website: http://www.marksandspencer.com/faux-fur-textured-overcoat/p/p22323369?colour=BottleGreen

3. What time is it?

So if you know me personally then you will know I adore Cath Kidston so yep, you guessed it, another item buy here is next and yes, it is another skirt. What can I say, I love them. The clock pattern is one of my favourites and the skirts design is simple which I like. Having side pockets as well, the length is just covering my knees. If you don't like showing off your legs, a pair of black tights are perfect with this skirt. The pattern colour is available in dark green if you don't like the red.

Originally it was £40 but in the sale it comes in at a very impressive £15 so who can resist!

Sizes: XS, S, M, L

Red Clock skirt: http://www.cathkidston.com/fashion/clocks-jacquard-skirt-101309

4. Get your newspaper here

So I needed a new uni bag and with me wanting to be a journalist, I found the most perfect bag for me. This reversible bag comes in to patterns. One side newspapers, the other London buses. I think that is really cool and really clever, I am not going to lie! There are two zip pockets so you can keep your keys, make up, mirror, phone etc in them and the strap is adjustable in its length.
This bag was also in the CK sale so it was £26 instead of £45.
 


If you are not too keen on these patterns, there is a flower pattern bag and a flower/spotty one instead.

Here is the web link for the London Buses/Newspaper bag: http://www.cathkidston.com/bags/london-buses--and--ck-newsprint-reversible-folded-messenger-bag-1013605
Flower/spotty bag: http://www.cathkidston.com/bags/folk-flowers--and--button-spot-reversible-folded-messenger-bag-1013609
Flower/flower one: http://www.cathkidston.com/cath-kidston/kingswood-rose-&-elgin-ditsy-reversible-folded-messenger-bag-1013603

5. Red like blood

Winter is the time for dark colours on your lips. Looking in shops and online, I wanted a deep red lipstick so when I found this in a pound shop (where everything is sold for just £1) and I could have cried with joy. Makeup Gallery  'All about the pout' lipstick number 17 keeps your lips soft and moist, its feels like you haven't got lipstick on.

Other colours are available in store.


 
6. Get your bags ready

Another dark green item and this time it isn't from CK, it is from Primark! It was £8 but I bought it for £5, which isn't that much of a bargain but I love this bag! There is a longer strap in which you can adjust the length or take off if you don't like it. There is a zip pocket inside and a pocket at the front, which is covered by the clasp you use to open/close the satchel.



I couldn't find the exact web link for this bag but here is the Primark website: http://www.primark.com/en/whats-new

7. In time and space

One of my favourite TV shows is BBC Doctor Who. I love this programme so much so when I went to York on Friday I went into the baking/cooking shop Lakeland. They do a DW range, spanning from straws, cake stands, cake decorations etc.

I bought a heat changing TARDIS mug (It was £11.99 but I got mine for about £3 because it was the last one in store), a dusting set for just 99p (was £3.99) and a cake decorating kit for 49p (was £4.99).
God, I love the sales!

There are other items available in the Doctor Who range: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/brands/doctor-who?intcmp=INTSRCH:doctorwho

DW decorating kit: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18028/Doctor-Who-Cake-Decorating-Kit
The dusting set: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18034/Doctor-Who-Dusting-Set
Heat changing mug: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/43794/Doctor-Who-Heat-Reveal-Mug


8. Don't forget your tickets!

I get the train quite a lot since I don't drive so a must have for me is a ticket holder. The one I had was falling apart so when I went to CK (yes that store again) I decided to buy one. With other patterns available, I got the clock design again in this but in the dark green. Having three sections, the size fits perfectly in nearly all pockets which is great! And to make it even better, it was in the sale (£6 to £3) so I had to have it.




Dark Green Clock ticket holder: http://www.cathkidston.com/cath-kidston/mini-clocks-ticket-holder-1013786
Other patterns: http://www.cathkidston.com/search?page=1&results=48&keywords=ticket+holder&ctry=GB&lng=

9. Put that on your calendar

Forget about the 'new year, new me' rubbish, I am more of a 'new year, new calendar' kinda girl
This year for Christmas and a Secret Santa I got three very amazingly perfect calendars of the actor Benedict Cumberbatch. Happy is an understatement. One of them was from a market stall my mum got in London however the other two were from the shop HMV.

Coming at £8.99 each, the BBC Sherlock and Benedict Cumberbatch one are perfect for Sherlockians (Sherlock fans) and Benedict fans.



The Middle one was not from HMV.
I have no excuse to be unorganised this year.

Other calendars are available in store and online: http://www.hmv.com/music/campaign/calendars.

10. Flower power

Like I said before, I love flower everything. So when I bought my new coat (Number 2 on the list) and my new bag (Number 6) I wanted to get a piece of jewellery to go with them and items I already had in my wardrobe. Since I was in CK store in York and it was the sale, my lovely mother bought me these green flower earrings for £6. Simple yet elegant, these earrings will finish off any outfit.

They are available in a clear fake diamond flower too, which also has a matching necklace.
 


I couldn't find the earrings on the CK website for some reason.

11. Keep it nice, safe and tidy

For uni, work or just in general, folders are important to have. This CK folder was in the sale and because I liked the clock design and I want to be a journalist, this was perfect for me. The arch means that you can keep more documents/paper in it compared to a ring binder.
 It was £6 and now is £3.


Other patterns are available.

So that is it! My new items perfect for winter season.
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts