Homemade sweet potato fries

Now if there is one food in life that I just cannot get enough of, it will always be sweet potato. Sweet potato mash. Sweet potato jacket potato. Sweet potato Sheppard's pie. You get the gist. But the main thing a sweet potato can give you is fries. Delicious, crispy fries.


For this month's bake, I will be showing you how to make these sweet potato fries by Jamie Oliver and by the time you have read this post and who knows, made them for yourselves, you will probably be sick and tired of reading the words sweet potato but I ensure you, the pain is worth every minute of it *drools*

So here is 'Homemade Sweet Potato Fries'...
 
This recipe is from Jamie Oliver website, no copyright intended.
 
Ingredients:
 
Sweet potatoes, how ever many you wish to use, I used about 3!
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
Paprika
 
What to do now:
  1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Wash 2 large sweet potatoes (that is how many Jamie used in this) under cold running water, scrubbing well with a scrubber to get rid of any dirt (there’s no need to peel them).
  2. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthways, cut each half in half lengthways, then each piece in half again so you end up with 8 wedges. -I know, it sounds complicated but just half and half and half some more!-
  3. Add to a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle over a tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and ½ a teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika.
  4. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then toss everything together to coat.
  5. Spread out into a single layer in a large baking tray, then bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through/ I left mine in longer because I like my fries burnt.
  6. Leave to sit for a couple of minutes (this will make it easier to remove them from the tray), then use a fish slice to transfer them to a serving dish and enjoy there delicious goodness.
The final masterpiece...
 


 
I just absolutely love sweet potato fries. That and salmon, like life cannot get any better than this!
I had them with hummus for my lunch and it was divine, the crunchiness of the fries with the smoothness of the chickpea hummus, yum yum in my tum for sure!
Obviously you can serve them with tomato sauce or mayo, whatever you like with fries. Alternatively you can serve them with pan grilled salmon or chicken or even just on their own as a snack.
And if that hadn't tickled your fancy then this will. It literally only took 5 minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to cook them so it was super easy and quick!
 
There you have it, another month's Bake and Make done!
This year is flying by!
Until next time
-------------------------------------
All photographs are my own!

Comments

  1. Love the look of these! I've had sweet potato fries when i've been out to dinner but i thought it would be too difficult to make them properly at home. So excited to try these out!!!

    -Soph xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same but when I saw this recipe I was like 'these are easier than I thought' and they were! And soooooooooooooooo tasty too! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts